Monday, April 30, 2012

Turn, turn, turn

Monday is finally here. Time to recover from the weekend and do a little blogging. As with blogging, I don't garden on the weekend (it says nearly constant right there in the title) so I did a little of that this morning too. But first and more importantly, Eeyore is another year older, at least based on our count here in Austin. The Birthday Party seemed a bit more subdued this year. Now don't get me wrong, it was still a crazy hippie party but I think Austin may be outgrowing the old Austin culture that spawned Eeyore's Birthday in the first place. And that is sad. I guess it makes sense, though. If you haven't seen a real hippie lately, they are old and there aren't as many as there used to be.

This newest generation of Birthday Party-goers must have Leslie rolling in his grave. We overheard a guy having a telephone employment interview on his cell phone, right in the middle of the craziness.

"...I'm not actually a programer but I...yes, I'm definitely comfortable with that..."
"If I leave my current position for this one, it would require...well, yes we can meet Monday afternoon..."

The best part is that it sounded like he totally had the job and was actually haggling over salary and benefits. Sure, the potential employer couldn't actually see that his future employee saw fit to conduct this interview standing next to a hoola-hooping girl wearing nothing but body paint and home-made fairy wings as someone's ten-year old wearing Superman pajamas with his underwear outside the costume nearly unicylced right over him. But, I would think that the sound of the drum circle(s) in the background would negatively impact his bargaining position.

That said, I say go get 'em buddy. If you can pull that off, I commend you.

No comments:

Post a Comment