Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Easy going

The rain temporarily abated and the sun came out this morning giving me a chance to see where things stand out in the garden.

The Super Sweet 100 tomato plant is going crazy. I harvested tons of the little tomatoes.

I also dead-headed the roses. I've been neglecting them lately, and it shows - not a single new bloom.

An adult leaf-footed bug also made the mistake of walking on my water hose nozzle while I was cleaning out the chickens' water. If it had been in the front yard, I probably would have let him go about his business, but it was too close for comfort to my vegetable gardens so I smashed him.

Aside from all that, a pretty quiet day in the world of garden blogging. It's supposed to continue raining so the plants should all be happy for awhile with very little effort on my part. Once it dries out a little, I should be able to mow the grass again, which is exciting. It's been so dry lately the grass has been barely hanging in there.

Wet zinnia #1
Post-rain sunny weather does make for some nice pictures. Here are some wet zinnias in the sunlight.
Wet zinnia #2
Wet zinnia #3



No comments:

Post a Comment