Monday, July 2, 2012

A new week is upon us

I'm sure everyone else appreciates the promise of a new week heralded by Monday mornings. I always like to take a moment each Monday morning to reflect on the weekend (and attempt to remember exactly what all happened). 

Flowers and plastic forks - the makings of
a wedding shower
We hosted a wedding shower for soon-to-be newly-weds, Laura and Jody Suargeson, which included spiked fruit punch, margaritas, and the public opening of gifts, many of which were entirely inappropriate for a bride to open in front of her mother (ironically, that's especially true of the gifts given by her mother).

We also drove out to Fredericksburg for a family reunion. Those of you familiar with Fredericksburg may be expecting awesome photos of the wildflower farm or the vineyards surrounding the town. I try to avoid the obvious so sorry to disappoint you. As a matter of fact, I took my camera but never took a picture. I think my mom did get a good tree picture (my predilection for photographing plant life comes from my mom who collects tree pictures) so if she sends me that, I'll post it.

In the the midst of all of that, I did have a chance to get some interesting pictures out in the garden. I caught this water lily opening in the duck-aversion tank

A water lily in the act of opening

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also got a pic of this Gerbera daisy opening.
Hopefully once opened, this flower won't be lopsided









1 comment: